Prem Meghnath focuses his physiotherapy practice on sports, and orthopaedic injuries. His physiotherapy approach has been helping clients of all ages improve their function and quality of life, for the last 30 years.
Prem Meghnath received his initial education in South Africa. He is registered with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario and has been practising physiotherapy in Canada for the past 30 years. His experience includes treating patients with sports injuries, acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions and post surgical orthopaedic conditions.
He has been a life long learner and has kept his knowledge and skills current by attending continuing education courses in soft tissue manipulation, manual therapy techniques and exercise therapy offered by the Orthopaedic Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and by international organizations that promote musculoskeletal physiotherapy.
He believes in working with clients to set treatment goals and he employs an eclectic approach to treatment, using articular mobilizations techniques, soft tissue release, cupping, trigger point release, myofascial stretching and corrective exercises to improve joint range, motor control and muscle performance. Clients are encouraged to make the appropriate life style and ergonomic changes and to move correctly while performing their activities of daily living in order to maintain the improvements gained during therapy.
- National Diploma in Physiotherapy | South Africa
- Diploma for Therapists in Special Education | University of South Africa
- Bachelor of Arts | University of South Africa
- Bachelor of Science (Physiotherapy) | Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Recent Clinical Accreditation
- Certification in Advanced Physical Therapy: Upper Extremity, Lower Extremity, Cervico-Thoracic Spine and Lumbo-Sacral Spine (Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute).
- Movement System Impairment level 1 (Shirley Sahrmann).
- McKenzie AMechanical Diagnosis and Therapy Parts A,B,C & D (Mckenzie Institute).
- Certificate in Orthopaedic Medicine (Society of Orthopaedic Medicine, London).
- Level 3 Manual Therapy Courses offered by the Orthopaedic Division of CPA.