Over her 15 year career as a physiotherapist, Jennifer has worked in both the public and private sectors in orthopaedic rehabilitation and ergonomic consultation. She is also an examiner for the profession’s national licensing exam.
Jennifer D’Costa has taken a wide variety of continuing education courses which allows her to tailor her treatments and exercise programs to each client’s abilities and goals. Her interest in the arts has led her to take specialized courses in dance medicine and rehabilitation.
Jennifer works collaboratively with her clients, determining their individual goals, helping them reach those goals and offering education and encouragement to help people actively participate in their own day to day wellness. She has found Craniosacral Therapy to be a wonderful addition to her physiotherapy toolbox, helping clients with jaw, head, and neck pain, whether acute or chronic.
Jennifer has a Bachelor of Science (Physical Therapy) from the University of Toronto.
Recent Clinical Courses & Accreditations
- New Trends in the Prevention of Running Injuries
- CranioSacral Therapy 1 | Upledger Institute International
- Mulligan Concept-Upper Quadrant | CPA Orthopaedic Division
- AA1: Foundations of Anatomical Acupuncture | Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute
- Principles of Dance Medicine | NYU Post-Graduate Medical School and the Harkness Centre for Dance Injuries
- Level I and II Diploma of Advanced Orthopaedic Manual and Manipulative Physiotherapy (Upper and Lower Quadrants) | CPA Orthopaedic Division
- Part I- Cervical Neural Tissue Pathodynamics | APTEI
- Part I- The Shoulder Complex | APTEI
- Rehabilitation of Dance Injuries- An Overview | CPA Orthopaedic Division (National Capital Division)
- Part A: The Lumbar Spine (Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy) | The Robin McKenzie Institute Canada