Our registered massage therapists provide our Nepean patients with relief from soft tissue pain and tightness that can result from the physical demands of everyday life.
What do massage therapists do?
The registered massage therapists at our Nepean clinic are licensed by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario. They regularly participate in continuing education courses and programs so that they can provide the most up to date and clinically proven massage therapy techniques.
Our team of massage therapists work in collaboration with our physiotherapists to provide comprehensive rehabilitation, encouraging faster healing and optimum recovery from pain and injury.
Massage therapy services are typically covered by most Extended Health Benefit Plans.
Conditions Managed by Massage
- Neck and back pain
- Sports injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Post-operative conditions
- Muscle spasms, strains, sprains
- Degenerative disc disease
Benefits of Massage
- Pain Management
- Stress and anxiety reduction
- Promotion of healing
- Improved Circulation
- Stimulation of the lymphatic system which is responsible for the removal of waste material from the tissue
- Reduction of mental fatigue and stress
- Decreased muscle spasms and cramping
- Increased flexibility & range of motion
- Reduction of scar tissue and adhesions
- Improved recovery times post-strenuous workouts
- Improvement in overall health and well being
Ready to improve your mobility and get active?
Contact Nepean Sports Medicine & Physiotherapy Centre today.