An important message regarding COVID-19
In accordance with the Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, Public Health, and our College governing bodies guidelines, Nepean Sports Medicine & Physiotherapy Centre is only providing emergency/urgent in-clinic care; as well as virtual care.
Please contact us, by e-mail or online website form, to describe your situation. We will then discuss your needs, in order to determine the best care option for you: virtual care or emergency in-clinic visit.
We have implemented additional health and safety precautions, while following physical distancing recommendations. As such our business hours and service elements are changing.
We are here for and accepting clients whose injuries/needs are deemed urgent/emergency, upon our screening, which will include risk infection screening questions, and injury/needs analysis.
Additionally, we are providing virtual care consultations for new and existing clients.
Your health and safety are our number one priority, and if you or a family member needs our help, we are here for you. Please contact us, by EMAIL or our online form submissions, so we can actively address your needs. We are checking phone calls & emails remotely.
We will be reaching out to reschedule all of our routine visits once normal operations are permitted to resume.
For all patient visits, we:
- Perform a risk assessment and screen all patients in advance of the appointment booking. A therapist may then call you, to further discuss your needs and determine the best form of care (virtual care OR emergency in-clinic session).
- For Virtual Care sessions:
- Consent forms and health history forms will be sent to you for completion and return, prior to your booking.
- We utilize encrypted video conferencing platforms that are PHIPA and PIPEDA compliant, for your safety and confidentiality.
- A "discovery videoconference" sesión may be arranged to answer any questions you may have, while testing the connection and features of such a visit.
- At booking, credit car (MasterCard or Visa) details will be collected, and securely stored. Payment will only be processed after each consultation, and you will be emailed a receipt for your records.
- For Emergency In-Clinic sessions:
- Upon entry you will be asked to immediately go wash your hands.
- We observe meticulous hand hygiene practices throughout the day and hand washing before putting on PPE or handling anything that the client may handle.
- We observe physical distancing, with appointment bookings, clinic usage, and staff interactions.
Between patient visits, we:
- Clean, disinfect and sterilize all equipment and spaces.
- Wipe all operatory surfaces with disinfectant.
In the reception area, we:
- Disinfect all counters and surfaces.
- Make antibacterial hand rub available.
At least daily, we:
- Empty standard garbage receptacles and change liners.
- Clean floors.
- Clean and disinfect high touch wall features (light switches, thermostat, door handles, ledges, etc.).
- Clean reception area, administrative areas and rooms.Clean and disinfect all bathrooms.
We keenly recognize our shared obligation and duty to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and wellbeing of our patients, staff and the broader community.
Ready to improve your mobility and get active?
Contact Nepean Sports Medicine & Physiotherapy Centre today.